[meteorite-list] Info needed

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:51:53 -0500

Hi Bernd,

A treatment with Babelfish at www.altavista.com tells us that "Poglica" is a
word with a complex indoeuropean etymology, including most closely from
Slavic. Apparently it most recently means "button", and earlier was derived
from roundish things like goiter and roundish ball.

Interesting observation on the "E" for East Africa. Apparently "Muana" is
also a Congolese surname (Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) and Camaroon were also
mentioned).

It doesn't look much like an Ivory Coast tektite, but that's what I dug out
of the Internet and probably is more than a coincidence for the locality.
Might check into the e. African "Galim" locality meteorites from place name
"Adamoua", Cameroon.

Good luck!
Doug