[meteorite-list] Stan's NWA 2965 EL6/7 (or Aubrite) Meteorite

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 05:44:27 -0600

Hello all,

I received today a couple specimens of Stan's NWA 2965. This has been a
somewhat controversal meteorite on the list, so forgive me for going around
the controversy a little and showing some photographs of the meteorite. If
anyone is interested in photographs of a higher res, drop me an e-mail.

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colnwa2965.html

If I can start a different controversy around the meteorite....using the
term chondrules with achondrites does not seem right to me. Not because
achondrite means without chondrules, but because the round inclusions in
achondrites have different origins. However, I like everyone else (?), lack
a better term. Maybe the IAU can work on this next....:^)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com