[meteorite-list] Re: THE PLANET DEBATE, solar system formation, and meteorites

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 21 10:47:54 2006

Hi Sterling, all -

This is probably lost on many here, but it appears to
me that the question before the meteorite community is
"Was McSween's formation model right?". Or was the
formation of the asteroids, the source for many
meteorites, related to the LPBE? As many ask, Did the
planets shift after the LPBE?

That may explain the fascination of some here with the
current debate over the definition of planet.

good hunting,
Ed

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb_at_sbcglobal.net>