[meteorite-list] Re: The Denver Show

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Aug 18 21:56:02 2006

In a message dated 8/18/2006 7:51:51 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
geoking_at_notkin.net writes:
Anne posted:

> Will you help????? :-)

Well, I think Fred Hall and Mike Jensen had to hold me back during the
'05 show : )

> I had a nice conversation with him, and he promised that everything
> would
> perfect, that we could have anything we wanted.

That's what he said last year!

For those of you who don't get what we're talking about:

Anyone who has been to a COMETS event in Denver knows how well
organized they are. Last year we did the Katrina Charity Raffle in
conjunction with the COMETS annual dinner party at La Loma. The manager
goofed and forgot to reserve the back room for us, so a large part of
the meteorite community was left sitting around La Loma's bar for
hours, while they tried to clear out the room that the COMETS had
specially reserved. The cheapskate manager didn't even offer us free
drinks!

Anne gave the guy a severe telling off and that was fun to watch.
Hopefully he'll get it right this year.

Anyway, the party is a great time, and the auction, and you should not
miss either. And remember, only ONE of those big margaritas per person
please : )

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org

Thank Geoff for setting the record straight!

Apparently you didn't complaint loud enough, I know a few people who got
free drinks. ;-)
(No, not me, I was a designated driver and in charge of finances!)

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.