[meteorite-list] Congrats to a Tucson Meteorite Hunter

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 17 01:15:24 2006

Dear Listees:

I've done my share of meteorite hunting this year, and it's been a
pretty good year for me so far. I came home exhausted, bitten, bruised,
scratched, sunburned, and with a big hole in my wallet . . . and I
never left the USA : )

When we're at home, reading the List, or enjoying our own collections,
it's easy to forget how extremely arduous meteorite hunting can be --
not to say costly, both in terms of time and money.

We may have differences of opinion regarding how things should be done,
but I say congratulations are in order to my neighbor Mike Farmer for
heading overseas, hunting in two foreign countries, and coming home
with meteorites that he found in both of those countries. That's a hell
of a big accomplishment however you cut it.

And a big iron on your birthday too. Now that's the way to celebrate!

Respectfully,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org