[meteorite-list] Beware of the two kinds of 'Moss'-material...

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 18:18:04 2006

WOW, now where have I heard this before, the old "my
material is better than his material because his was
rained on" spiel! I went through this with Bensour,
Thuathe, and Benguerir, now it seems with Moss.
My meteorite was found on Sunday, July 30th. As you
yourself right Bjorn, the heavy rains started AFTER
July 30th. Can you please them tell us how something
that started AFTER I picked up my pieces would affect
my pieces?
Is Norway some kind of time-travel country, where
events that occur after something can affect the past?

Theses pieces are about as pristine as they can be.
There was a sprinkle or two in the area the day
before, but it was barely enough to wet the car glass.
If you want to wait to buy some material that may or
may now show up, be my guest. Just don?t buy into the
BS as seems to the norm with all new falls now.
Michael Farmer

http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2006-August/186289.html

http://home.online.no/~bsoerhei/astro/meteor/060714/moss.html