[meteorite-list] Micro/Macromount Availability- Where did they Go?

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 14:38:19 2006

I agree with you on the micromount issue. There are a couple of notable
major Ebay sellers (who shall remain nameless) who are happy to combine
shipping very reasonably, but if you only win 1 or 2 of their micros, it
gets pricy pretty fast, especially when the postage makes up a substantial
proportion of the total. They aren't exactly overcharging for shipping, but
the $4+ cost of Priority postage for 1 micro is definitely a factor on my
purchasing. I can't afford to shell out hundreds of dollars for whole
slices, and micros were my way of building up a representative collection
that displayed well in limited space, for prices that weren't exorbitant.

Tracy Latimer