[meteorite-list] 'Plutons' Push Planet Total Up To 12

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 02:58:30 2006

Hi,

    My apologies to all the Scots on the List!
Pleaze, willya poot doon thos claymores 'n
leave a man ta speak?

    This just in:
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/article1219495.ece

    The IAU proposal for 12 planets is as follows:
1. Ceres 'cause it's big and round and orbits the Sun,
2. 2003UB313 ("Xena") 'cause it's big and round and orbits the Sun,
3. Charon, Pluto's Moon, 'cause it's big and round and orbits the Sun
and constitutes along with Pluto a DOUBLE PLANET system!

    All other planetary bodies have to apply for membership
and present credentials, at some future date.

    Still think the vote's a toss-up.

    I predict the IAU will get some really nasty letters from the
Luna City Chamber of Commerce, demanding the the Earth-Moon
System be recognized as a DOUBLE PLANET, since it meets
all the criteria applied to Pluto-Charon System.

    Those guys up there are, well, Loonie...

Sterling K. Webb