[meteorite-list] Helllo New Member Mike

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 25 20:36:08 2006

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the list. Do not let any of the list "ducks" get you down.
There is a great group of people that are a part with lots of different
interest and endless different backgrounds.

You wrote: "I have a large collection of flown and unflown hardware from
Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and the Space Shuttle. Over the last year I've
decided to flip-flop and take a break from Space Hardware and focus back on
meteorites, which is my real passion."

I am surprized the two hobbys to not intersect more. I have seen a couple
flown people offer a meteorite or two, and I (not very well) collect some
flown and unflown items.

Paul Harris and Jim Tobin have been nice and didnt say anything when I
strayed in my "Collectors Corner" contribution to Meteorite Times
(www.meteorite-times.com) from meteorites a little and I wrote articles that
would appeal to the space autograph-hardware field.

You might find these of interest...

NASA Astronauts on Micrometeorites
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/nasaQandA.html

and
Rubicon 1
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/rubicon1.html

While I did get nice comments from some space collectors, my hope to help
bridge the gap in the two fields have not been successful at all. I do not
think I have a sold meteorite to any of them.....or at least yet.

Anyway....welcome to our humble little group...with a lot of
collectors/dealers named Mike.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas