[meteorite-list] Raffle without Paypal for Europeans

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 8 11:59:21 2005

Martin A. wrote:

>PS: I suggest to make an ebay auction on US-ebay with
>Blaine Reed's fantastic donation - will bring more cash.

I am not sure about that, I believe the opposite is true - Why make it easy
for fat cats like Augustus Gloop & Veruca Salt? Make them work harder (=more
tix, more! more!)! And also the majority who are Charlie's of the world who
have already pitched in might find $10 in the snow for one more Wonka Bar...
 And those sitting on the fence now can be further swayed instead of saving
up for the eBay auction. The selection, including the New Orleans pieces
already there is beyond what I had dreamed, ...but, my suggestion is Nawlins' is
the type specimen, after all...and the raffle is a group effort. TKW rules
(or is this a case of Jeff's "TAW"?). Unless, Blaine has any preference,
that trumps. Thanks to Blaine and each and every other donor for creating this
topic, and to Geoff for the initiative, and Meteorite-Martin for spearheading
the effort in Europe! My two centavos...

Doug
"Save New Orleans 5.8 for the Masses Charity Committee"