[meteorite-list] Charity Meteorite Raffle for New Orleans

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 2 22:43:30 2005

out of curiosity, might it be better to do an auction isntead, or perhapse
both - if several dealers are going to kick in multiple items (and i owuld
be willing to offer material as well) then what is there to guarantee that
the monies realized from the raffle tickets exceed the reasonable value of
the prizes? it's a good idea, but there is a possibility that auctioning off
the stuff could yield better results than a raffle - something to consider i
guess. what about maybe accepting submissions and then auctioning them all
off with the top 2 or 3 submissions going out as a raffle? If there is some
sexy stuff people are sure to buy tickets - but there is allot of more
common items and only 1 or 2 nice things then people might be less inclined
to participate.... i hate to break it down to the dollars and cents of the
matter, but I'm only trying to offer constructive observations...