[meteorite-list] rust eh eh :)

From: Moser Francesco <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 20 17:19:49 2005

Hi All,
yes you read well RUST, where?? on my Campo of course :))
I remove the rust with a steel brush after I use a metallic bruch with
alcohol, I don't know the correct english name for the type of product, it
is used like diluent for the syntetic painting. (butilic alcohol + toluene +
acetone).
After I put on the meteorite a lot of a silicon grease, with my Canyon
Diablo work very well, no rust for 1 year.
But I think is better to heat the Campo before apply the grease so the water
will kick out.
Anyone have an idea about the temperature and the time for a 1.5Kg Campo??
I think 80 - 100 ?C for 3h can be fine, for you??

Thanks from me and my Campo.

Ciao

<><><><>
Francesco Moser
http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/
IMCA #1510 www.imca.cc

There's just one kind of man that you can trust,
that's a dead man, or an IMCA like me.