[meteorite-list] Djermaia?

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 15 19:04:18 2005

Right now, Peter Marmet isn't able to post directly to the list, and asked
me to forward the following message:

Hello list,

recently we acquired a nice 908 g stone meteorite. The meteorite was kept
by a French lady who lived in Chad for more than 20 years. Before she died
she told her nephew that she saw the meteorite fall sometime in the 60ies.
The only meteorite fall from Chad was in 1961.

Officially there is only one 1kg stone recovered of Djermaia, but Bob Haag
has a 3.7 kg stone according to his catalogue, and Michel Franco has a
2.9 kg stone ( http://www.caillou-noir.com/Djermaia.htm ).

Could this be a 4th mass of Djermaia? I know, it's just a nice meteorite as
long we do not cut a piece for classification... but who dares to decapitate
such a beauty... we don't!

Picts can be seen here:?http://www.marmet-meteorites.com/

Comments welcome!

Peter Marmet