AW: [meteorite-list] AD - World Biggest Impact Melt slices

From: Ingo Herkstroeter <metopaster_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 23 05:51:00 2005

Hi List!

Well said Andy! Meteorite prices are not fixed, so every dealer has the
choice, to sell "low-priced" or "high-priced"! It?s up to the collectors to
decide which prices they want to pay!
For me it?s a wonder, that very beautiful and well praparated specimens are
not higher in price compared with those which are not! In the world of
fossils or minerals this is absolutly normal! Bigger, better crystallised or
well praparated is better and better is more expensive! Why meteorite
collectors don?t think so? Why I have to pay 1000 bucks a gramm for DAG 400
(prices only examples)if I take a 1-gramm-fragment and only 600 a gramm if I
take a 7 gramm full slice, which is much more rarer and shows much more of
the breccia?

BEST WISHES

Ingo

--- Urspr?ngliche Nachricht ---
> Von: "Andreas Gren" <info_at_meteoritenhaus.de>
> An: <meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com>
> Betreff: AW: [meteorite-list] AD - World Biggest Impact Melt slices
> Datum: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:28:25 +0100
>
> Hi List,Carsten,Marcin
> I don't understand why here is a discussion about prices of Meteorite
> dealers in general. Nobody needs Meteorites, you can't eat them, you can't
> build a house(ok Dean perhaps with walls of Chondrites) Meteorites don???t
> health you .They are pure luxury
> So I see no problem when someone ask much more for an Meteorite than other
> dealers. His choice.
> As a collector I should inform me over prices as a costumer of any other
> product.
> And the discussion about site prices against e bay prices is as general
> not success full ,often in e bay is more paid for a Meteorite than on any
> dealer site. Sometime less. The game is to know which ones.
> Some material you will never find in e bay.
>
> Just some thoughts in the morning
>
> Andi
>

> -----Urspr??ngliche Nachricht-----
Meteorites

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX superg?nstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate f?r nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl