[meteorite-list] Meteorite Stamps

From: Jim Strope <jim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 18 10:12:36 2005

Hi all.........

Some of you may remember the AMSAT stamps on ebay referenced in the email
below. Well Kevin, your email finally did light a fire under me. I have
known about the photostamps website for some time now ever since my
girfriend showed to me but never go around to making any stamps. So Mike
Farmer and I got together with some common meteorites to give it a try. The
company gives volume discounts so this worked out well for both of us.

I have just received the shipment of NWA 998 and NWA 482 stamps and have
several other meteorites such as Sikhote-alin in the design stage. I plan
to offer these stamps with the specimens that I sell. I assume Mike is
planning to do the same with his portion of the order. NWA 998 and NWA 482
currently have color postcards enclosed with the speimens sold so the stamps
will be a great addition.

Here is a couple of links of NWA 998 to show how they came out. Sorry about
the photo quality the stamps look better in person.

http://209.238.151.128/images/ebay/stampnwa998e.JPG

http://209.238.151.128/images/ebay/stampnwa998i.JPG

For those of you planning your own stamps, color stamps look better. The
company gives volume discounts but the cost of each stamp will still be
about twice the face value of the postage.

Have a great weekend.............

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

http://www.catchafallingstar.com

>The following message just appeared on the AMSAT BB. It may give a few of
you ideas.

AMSAT is offering a limited edition sheet of 20 U.S. Postage 37 cent
stamps in its auction on Ebay. This is one of 4 sheets made for the 2004
AMSAT Symposium.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5633996303

This item will be shipped anywhere in the world the Federal Express
delivers.

73...bruce