[meteorite-list] fake ebay e-mails

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 14 06:15:18 2005

Hi All,

Just a short message regarding ebay, in order to inform you that I have just received a new kind of fraudulous e-mail supposed to
come from ebay.
This time, it was supposed to be an e-mail from someone who was supposed to have won one of my auctions, sending me a message
"through ebay website" and writing: "I'm still waiting the package to arrive What happened? Please mail me ASAP or I will report you
to ebay."
As I did not know this supposed to be customer, I decided to check with ebay the origin of this message.

Be careful because after asking ebay if it was a real ebay message, I was informed that it is not. And when clicking on "Answer", it
leads you to a faulse ebay website where you are supposed to enter your pseudo and password of course...

As I had never received fake ebay e-mails of that kind before, I have decided to let you all know about it.

Kind regards,

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)