[meteorite-list] Re: Minimum crater size for central uplift ?

From: Charles O'Dale <codale0806_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 13 14:24:54 2005

Michel:

IMHO, "it all depends". From my research, the best I could come up with:

quoted from my web-site:
http://www.ottawa.rasc.ca/astronomy/earth_craters/intro.html

 "In this article, I will present the craters that I have explored in the
order of their size, starting with simple craters, moving to complex craters
and finishing with multiring basins. The transition size between simple to
complex craters is 2km in sediments and 4km in crystalline rocks. The
transition size between complex to ringed basin craters is 10 to 50 km."

I would love more input on this.

Thanks
Charles O'Dale
Meeting Chair