[meteorite-list] oriented vs orientated

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 12 00:13:45 2005

11/11/2005 11:07:49 PM Mexico Standard Time, ncaliva escribe:

Hi everyone I'm new but have been watching for a month or so. Which way is
right for meteorites oriented or orientated?

Hola NCALIVA, Welcome to the crowd!

We actually had some posts about this in the past - you can search the
archives to see them accessed from the meteoritecentral.com page, or better yet a
site search on google for the word orientated meteorite.

There was no firm conclusion the way I remember, though there were some
strong opinions that thought orientated was a bastardization of the word
orientation, and that oriented was proper. Why make words longer than you have
too...unless you have a special rational. So oriented would be the first choice.
At least that was the majority opinion. Hope that helps!
Saludos, Doug