[meteorite-list] From when Marc Labenne live in Czech, Repubblic?

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 10 12:42:39 2005

If you want your shipment to be stolen, be sure, it will
be shipped trough Schipol-airport in Amsterdam. Local
Nigeria or black-hole inside EU ;-

best,

pekka s

Pekka and listoids,
Very strange what you're saying here Pekka. I never ever had any trouble
in receiving packages here in Holland (??!!)
Customs s..ck here for sure but i always got my packages from anywhere in
the world without any problem!!
Please do explain yourself.....

Jan
www.heavenlybodies.nl
Holland

I completely agree with Jan. In fact, the only time I have had trouble with
things stolen from an envelope (envelope slit open with a knife, twice) was with
two mails to an address in the USA. Because it happened twice on row with mail
to that address (and never with mail to other addresses) we were pretty sure the
thief was on the *American* side, either with US customs or the local post
office of Albuquerque.

I also want to point out that Schiphol Amsterdam is one of the biggest freight
ports of Europe. As more traffic goes through there than any other place,
naturally, there will be more theft incidents, even if the rate of such is very low.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)