[meteorite-list] "Bubbly" meteorite

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 7 20:42:46 2005

My guess is that iron hydroxides (rust, limonite) have cemented small
grains of quartz sand to the surface. I've seen it plenty of times in
sulphide bearing rocks that's been weathered for a while.
If the meteorite is an inch across then the biggest grains is 0.7 mm in
size, quite common for sand.

... but then I might be wrong.

/G?ran