[meteorite-list] Questions regarding Unclassified meteorite sales

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 6 11:36:38 2005

If it was such a loss to science that unclassified NWA:s were traded,
don't you think some scientist would apply for a grant to buy it in bulk
from the Moroccans?
I haven't heard about any expedition to Morocco by NASA scientists so I
guess this isn't a big problem.

The only data lost is pairing and location. Any interesting stone that
is cut will probably get into the hands of scientists.

Personally I would be glad to leave type samples of every unclassified
NWA in my possession for classification. Anyone interested?

/G?ran