[meteorite-list] My take if it's ok... On Steve Arnold

From: Bill Southern <Nugget-Shooter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 27 19:18:24 2005

I was just going to let this go, but seeing some folks not understanding how
this fellow operates I have decided to tell a short story about my first
dealings with Steve A. from Chicago (Elgin) IL.

 I was actually taken in by a request for some Franconia irons a few weeks
back which I hunt for and find myself here in Arizona, by Steve. Now I hunt
these and take pride in my finds and picked out some very nice little irons
and also a slice of about 1.5 grams or so of the H5 chondrite thought to be
the source of the small and very unique irons and sent them to Steve as a
gift thinking he would add them to his collection.

A few days later they show up for sale on ebay...Didn't sell there so he put
them in his sale...Needless to say I felt sort of stupid and taken for the
proverbial ride. This was my first and LAST experience with Mr. Arnold. I
emailed him asking about it and got no reply.

Yes it is true that they are his do with as he pleases, but I feel I should
have been told before sending them to him that he intended to sell them and
not keep them. His pretence was owning some for his collection in his
request. Alas I am fond of learning some things the hard way, but just once
:)

Whoops...Bill