[meteorite-list] AD: Nininger, Huss, Zeitschel, Krantz, Schoras specimens + Odd meteorite stuff Sale !

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 25 12:14:18 2005

Hola list,

next pedigree specimens sale!
Some rare localities and some priced definitely to cheap.

Explanations:
Nininger - pioneer, founder & god of American meteoritics
Huss - son-in-law, director of the American Meteorite Laboratory
Zeitschel - collector, owned once the largest private collection
Krantz - worldwide oldest geological warehouse, founded in 1833
Schoras - just a German collector, started in the early 1960ies, from
his collection the specimens of this sale stem from.

First come, first serve. Details & pictures on request.

Nininger specimens:

CANYON DIABLO
individual, 116grams
Nininger # 34.5121 (Krantz-label)
175$

POTTER
Nebraska, Find 1941, L6, tkw: 261
endcut, 9.06g
Nininger # 476.523 (cut AML-label)
60$

TOLUCA
Mexico, Find 1776, IAB, tkw several tons
partslice, Neumann lines, 22.22g
Nininger # 128.856 (Schoras-label)
70$

WOLF CREEK
Australia, Find 1947, IIIAB, tkw: several hundredweights
shale-ball, 6.33g
Nininger # 673.140 (Krantz-label)
50$ temp. on hold

Huss specimens:

GRUVER
Texas, Find 1937, H4, tkw: 11.1kg
partslice, 10.61g
Huss # H 54.113 (Schoras-label)
100$ for that low-tkw!

IMILAC
Chile, Find 1822, tkw: I hate the Grady Catalogue in that respect, that now
so many tkws are missing, guess 1t
partslice, fresh as polished yeaterday - Imilac is simply the stablest iron
on Earth,
22.59g
Huss # H 202.15
340$ (gosh only 15$/g, compare to dealers and ebay and this is a Huss!)
+
small non-Huss-individual, 8.99g (1 Zeitschel-label for both)
45$

ODESSA
Texas, Find 1922, IAB, tkw: a lot
fullslice with cohenite, troilite, graphite, 23.82g
Huss # H 10.369
70$

PORTALES(C)
New Mexico, Find 1967, H4, tkw: 6kg
partslice, 13.92g
Huss # H 75.34 (Schoras-label)
110$

SCURRY
Texas, Find 1937, H5, tkw: 115kg
partslice, 27.9g
Huss # H 65.16 (Krantz-label)
Infact unavailable, as 99,x% of the find are in the TCU
300$

Remarkable Krantz specimen:

PULTUSK,
Poland, Fell: 1868, January 30, H5, tkw: 2t, 200kg preserved
crusted partslice, 0.76g
pre 1900 Krantz-label (but later than 1888), original pasteboard box, slice
stands upright on a piece of a match, where it was affixed on the label on
the back wall inside the box.
55$ for that set.

Some fine Zeitschel specimens (all with Zeitschel-labels):

LA CRIOLLA
Argentina, Fall 1985, January 6, L6, tkw: 35kg
windowed individual with complete crust and excellent shock veines, 13.92g
140$

TENHAM
Australia, Fall spring 1879, L6, tkw: 160kg
Very find fullslice with complete fusion crust and fine shock veines,
38.52g
240$ (this I priced at dealer's niveau, hoping it will stay for my own
collection)

TUXTUAC
Mexico, Fall 1975, October 16, LL5, tkw: 29.25kg.
Cut fragment with a little crust.
Stems from the two stones (4.25kg) discovered after the fall. The main mass
of 25kg was found later in 1989.
4.17g
45$

VACA MUERTA
Chile, Find 1861, MES, tkw: 3.4t
Endcut from the original find of 1861! (Then was collected about 1t, only
50kg were survived. The strewnfiels was recovered not before 1987, all the
material circulating now stems from that time and later).
28.12g
100$ temp. on hold

Cool Oddities:

CAST of a Mocs-fragment, fist-sized, Krantz-label
22$

Fine old PRESENTATION BOX "Little Space Collection"
Nice box with compartments, containing 9 transparent and numbered boxes:
1. Small Canyon Diablo
2. Canyon Diablo shale
3. Wind borne sand from the Coconino formation
4. Rock powder from the Meteor Crater
5. Lechatelierite from the Meteor Crater
6. Suevite with coesite from the Ries Crater
7. Shatter cone from the Steinheim Basin
8. Tektite, Villa Alliance, Dalat, South-Vietnam
9. Moldavit
In the cover of the hinged box, descriptions and exact geographical
locations in German.
135$

NORTH CHILE
Tocopilla iron
4"x 3" display case with 21 large swarfs mounted and Krantz label.
100$

MICROMETEORITES!
Box with 4 sheets with 23 micrometeorites affixed.
Marking reads: Micrometeorites (Rench-Tal)
and: Micrometeorites, Adria, isolated: May 1969.
115$

Other localities from that collection, most with labels, are available,
Allende, Bondoc, Hoba, Long Island, Mundrabilla, Nuevo Mercurio, Zagora
as well as some from my Zeitschel-Ad 2 weeks ago are surprisingly left.

As far as the Quinn Canyon is concerned (9g - 1st Nevada meteorite) - I got
several requests, so that I think the fairest would be, if I'll list it next
Sunday at 1$ on US-ebay.

Buckleboo!
Martin