[meteorite-list] Cheap, new 8" lapidary saws - Lortone

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 24 16:09:36 2005

In regards to the link. I bought the PF-10 Barranca saw 2 months
ago. I do not recommend this saw to anyone. The splash cover is
poorly designed. Due to the fact that the travel of the autofeed is on
the OUTside -- there is a huge gap where oil will splatter out
nonstop. The best I could due to stop it is cut an acrylic plate to
stop most of the oil splattering out.

Second, my motor arrived dying. Overheating after 30 minutes out
of the box. Barranca just got bought out by Diamond so support
was poor. I give them credit, they did ship me a new motor. Still,
the coverdesign is flawed.

Maybe I should have bought the Lortone.
-mt

On 24 May 2005 at 13:01, Rob Wesel wrote:

> Hello all-
>
> I recently bought myself an 8" Lortone and love it. Hours of price
    hunting
> brought me to this guy and his price is the best by far..and I got
    him to
> knock off $40 so $297 for a brand name 8" saw!
> Shipping was very reasonable.
> > http://www.bernieslapidary.com/selprod.asp?CAT=LEF&BO
    OK=NO

-- McCartneyTaylor