[meteorite-list] AD - A FEW DANDYS

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 21 13:38:54 2005

Hello Doug and list,

Yes, we appear to be on the same page.

Although, as I noted, no one is using Grossman’s stage table, which appears
to be pretty new and is not posted anywhere on the Met. Soc. Website. Nor
has it been sent to its members. Grossman also announced he was stepping
down several months ago, although it is obvious he is still involved. (Hi
Jeff....:^)

And I have also purchased and traded for a lot of meteorites. Yet, no one
has ever told me a stage number on a meteorite and I have not seen anyone
sell a meteorite as an “approved name meteorite“. We as a group have been
using “classified meteorite” and “official meteorite” for the most part.

But I do agree and like the stage table. I am not sure having the three of
us on the same page means.

I would also say, when you add a bunch of adjectives to your e-mails and
throw in jokes, that it makes it hard to read what you are really saying.
Like in your last e-mail you added, which appears to be to me, "...your word
approved is slightly ambiguous..."

If we agree with Jeff's table, then it is Jeff's word, and on the example I
gave, (KSU) Rhrian Jones used the word "approved" first.

That was likely one of your jokes, but when you add the adjectives a peson
doesn't really know how to take the meaning. Then again "slightly
ambiguous" is almost an oxymoron.

On another comment I have seen you make several times publicly, which you
have a little here, is towards the line that dealers are not giving with
science. That people have problems getting 20 grams or 20%. I have never
seen this to be true. Dealers and collectors understand this is a give take
relationship and almost all people give more then required. Plus there are
not many of us who have not donated meteorites and the like. Some of us
have donated quite a lot.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com