[meteorite-list] Portales Valley Classification Info

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 17 15:23:27 2005

Tom,
I agree with Bob. Ask anyone who anxiously waited for the official
classification of Portales Valley to be released, and you will find that
with few exceptions, every one was shaking their heads in disbelief when
the announcement was made. I seriously doubt that anyone spoke negatively
about you for saying the classification should be something other than an
ordinary H6. Rather, you were probably attacked for making derogatory
remarks about scientist being too lazy to do their job right. To me, that
shows a lack of understanding on YOUR part about how the system works.

JKG