[meteorite-list] Kansas Legal Debate: Creation, Evolution and Intelligent Design

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 12 19:22:20 2005

Dear Dave and List,
   I was, just now, watching Lou Dobbs on CNN and this
was news to me. Dave, I don`t understand what
D-baiting is. Historically Kansas was the center of
the Scopes-Monkey Trial (Creationism vs. Evolution).
  An earlier thread on this list was about Transpermia
(Panspermia).
  I am looking for intelligent debate on what should
be taught in public schools. I was taught as a
Christian; but as a scientist I accept Evolution, and
I guess Intelligent Design (I personally see some
weaknesses in Darwinian Evolution). Evolution lacks
total evidence (proof) and explanation in its argument
and yet is taught as scientific fact. I am looking
for debate Not baiting as you suggest. Personally I
do not see any conflict between the three paradigms.
Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo