[meteorite-list] Is Amgala Official? / New Bulletin

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 10 15:54:49 2005

> Amgala was the provisional working name for Oum Dreyga. The meteorite
fell
> between Amgala and Oum Dreyga in the country of Western Sahara. It was
> determined later on to have fallen closer to Oum Dreyga than Amgala thus
the
> new name. The coordinates were provided by us from the beginning and do
> plot closer to Oum Dreyga. If you dig through the archives you will see
we
> even provided a map. NAU was working on this material from the beginning
and
> would have also called it Oum Dreyga. It doesn't matter either way
because
> it is now formerly classified.

OK.
Unfortunatelly we have here two worlds.
World of science and comercial world. Unfortunatelly science world make
rules here :)

So what will happend if strewfield will be in half way beetween 2 towns ? It
will have name of town closer to bigger specimens or not ? :)) Or we will be
have X-Y like Gao-Guenie ? :))

Its for me little funny now. One meteorite will be have now 2 names.
Official and unofficial.
I only hope that noone will return Amgala purchased from me becouse its not
Oum Dreyga :))

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195