[meteorite-list] Ebay rules for down time?

From: Dave <dave28_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 10 07:08:09 2005

At 22.10 09/05/2005 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi List, as many of you know,( I am sure) ebay at least some of it is down.
>I have seen meteorites go from 99 cents to many dollars in the last minute
>[...]
>feeling for those who do. Anybody know the rules in this situation?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-outage.html

Cut and pasted from the above page:

---8<-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hard outage of more than one but less than two hours
In the event of a hard outage of more than one but less than two hours,
eBay automatically credits all associated fees for affected listings. The
following listings will be eligible for credit:
    * Any listing scheduled to end during the outage
    * Any listing scheduled to end in the hour after the end of the outage
Additionally, credit will be issued for the 10-cent Promotional Fee on any
10-day listing that is running during the outage (regardless of the time
it's scheduled to end). This includes either of the following features:
    * View Item
    * Bidding
Unlike our policy for hard outages of two hours or more, listings will not
be extended.

Hard outage of two hours or more
In the event of a hard outage of two hours or more, eBay automatically
extends listings for 24 hours. eBay also automatically credits all
associated fees for affected listings. The following listings will be
eligible for extension and credit:
    * Any listing scheduled to end during the outage
    * Any listing scheduled to end in the hour after the end of the outage
Additionally, credit will be issued for the 10-cent Promotional Fee on any
10-day listing that is running during the outage (regardless of the time
it's scheduled to end). This includes either one or all of the following
features:
    * View Item
    * Bidding

What do we consider to be a hard outage?
A hard outage occurs when no one can bid or buy (specifically View Item
pages are inaccessible and/or bidding functionality is not available) as a
result of unscheduled system downtime. At our discretion, eBay may consider
two outages that occur very closely to one another to be one hard outage
when extending listings. Listings that end prior to an outage will not be
extended.

bye,

Davide Bolsi
I.M.C.A. #1449