[meteorite-list] Shipping to the UK

From: Peanut .. <cj_peanut_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:58 2005

Hello all,

Has anyone had problems with shipping items to the UK? I can ship small
items like micros, but whenever I ship a larger item to the UK, I get
screwed.

I just shipped an item to the UK and once in the UK, there was an additional
charge of $40+ dollars for the recipient to pick up the item over the $32
bucks he already paid in shipping. The US Postal service said it was a tax
imposed on the item by the UK.

This is more than likely going to be a major loss for me here and it's not
the first time. The last time I shipped a book and it cost me a hundred
bucks!

What's the deal, Nothing against the UK, but this is crazy!

Cj Lebel