[meteorite-list] Is this Sihkote-Alin confused?

From: martinh_at_isu.edu <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:54 2005

Hi Darren,

It is hard to tell if your SA is confused in the same way as the 'wheel' SAs discussed earlier. In those pieces, there is a lipping around both major surfaces.

Your piece is more dolphin shaped with lipping sections at several points on various edges. I wonder if your piece fell spinning across its minor axis kind of like an spinning arrow headed toward the ground.

But no matter what, I have a hard time tossing it into the sharpnel pile.

Thanks for sharing.

Martin H.