[meteorite-list] Meteorite Kits - Was "AD - Bakesale Juanchengs Continued..."

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:54 2005

I'm reposting this as it didn't seem to go through - sorry for any
duplicates...

Ryan wrote:

> I just wanted to take the time to thank Mark Bowling for putting
> together a few extra Juancheng "bake sale" kits for those of us who
> were unable to purchase one in time from Martin. I received two very
> nice (fresh) Juanchengs from Mark in a nicely labeled riker mount
> along with a copy of the Tucson Juancheng "bake sale" stories. And the
> best thing...all for the normal price per gram for Juancheng stones.
> For those who still would like to purchase a kit, I believe Mark may
> still have a couple left over. I recommend contacting him asap to see
> if he does or not.

Hi Ryan and list,

Thanks a lot - I'm glad you liked it. I tried to make something I would
enjoy having in my collection. I have quite a few kits in my collection
that I've bought from different people on the list. Other than a couple
of large individuals and my personal finds, they're the pieces in my
collection that I show off the most. They're easy to transport and
display well with the associated photos and documents. My most recent
 kit came from Philippe at Meteoritica and it features Benguerir - just
a fabulous presentation utilizing a wooden shadow box! I don't know if
he has any more though...

My next project will be to make some sort of a display for my piece of
Oued el Hadjar which is available from Michel Franco at Caillou-Noir.
It is a fall with a very unusual story behind it (featured in the August
2000 issue of Meteorite! magazine).

Good night, morning and evening to my fellow meteorite enthusiasts!

Mark
Vail, AZ