[meteorite-list] NPA 05-06-1939 Record Size Meteorite Reaches Oakland

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 30 12:36:25 2005

Paper: The Oakland Tribune
City: Oakland, California
Date: Saturday, May 6, 1939
Page: 13 (of 40)

RECORD SIZE METEORITE REACHES OAKLAND

(Photo: Prof. Earle Linsley with the Goose Lake meteorite)

Prof. Earle G. Linsely, director of Chabot Observatory, is shown here with
the "Goose Lake meteorite," found by Oakland hunters last Fall in Modoc
County. Prof. Linsley directed moving of the 2573-pound meteorite here, and
will put it on exhibition in Oakland and at the Exposition. "Susie" is the
dog interested in the find. - Tribune photo.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post, and about 3/4 of those on my
website, are available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.