[meteorite-list] Gilligan's Island Meteorite Answer

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 29 16:52:27 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:35:49 -0500, "MARK BOSTICK" <thebigcollector_at_msn.com> wrote:

>Re: http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2005-June/175564.html
>
>Answer: False
>
>Cosmic rays in meteorites, a form of radiation, is far too weak to be of
>danger to anyone. It is however possible that high expose to cosmic rays
>could be of danger. All of our astronauts still have their hair. Ok, most
>still have their hair, some are pretty old now?J

Also, most meteorites tend to NOT cause rapid aging to everything surrounding them.

http://www.russell-johnson.com/The_Prof_s_Episode_Guide/Second_Season_Episode_Guide/body_second_season_episode_guide.html

68. Meet the Meteor
A large, glowing meteorite lands on the island. The fallen chunk of meteor ages things around it
drastically. Later, Gilligan dreams the Castaways are old and doddering when they celebrate their
50th anniversary on the island with a big party. Gilligan saves the Castaways in this episode,
hurling a lead lightning
rod into the meteor, attracting a bolt that destroys it.
Directed by Jack Arnold