[meteorite-list] Fwd: To all interested Parties

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 10:27:14 2005

Hi Jerry, Martin, John and all,

Certain civilized nations observe international laws and extend curtsies
to travelers. I think a country has a right to question would be
tourists on their activities. As John mentioned on his website they
encourage rock hounding in their country by the booklets they provide to
those wanting to visit their country along with other booklets on other
activities.

Any country that holds people without charges, doesn't permit them to
contact their countries embassies when trouble arises (reasonable length
of time), takes property is in my opinion guilty of crimes themselves.
Such countries should be avoided at all costs. I hope that John and the
others will pursue legal compensation based on what happened.

--AL Mitterling