[meteorite-list] Did I make a mistake?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 19 16:36:31 2005

> Dear Meteorite Friends:

Hello Anita and List,

> One was a Willamete, Oregon piece, approximately
> 32 grams. It sold for $56.00.

The Willamette iron is virtually impossible to get, and, if you get it,
it's quite expensive. As you wrote yourself, "given its history, ..." ,
if it really was a genuine piece, 32 grams for $56 would have been money
extremely well spent (unless it was "only" a piece of shale).

> The other was a beautiful, thick slice (complete?)of Plainsville, TX.
> It showed many different sized condrules and flecks of metal. It was
> around 40 grams and sold for $71.00.

Are you talking about Plainview, Texas. There is an H5 and an L6 from
Texas. The 40-gram slice is probably part of the H5 (totalling about
31 kg) as there are only about 700 grams of the Plainview (d), L6 stone.

The Plainview H5 stone is very rich in nickel-iron!

> The good news is I bought a faceted amber necklace
> (that had an old price tag of $420) for $48.00.

Sincere congrats on this beautiful faceted amber necklace!

Best regards,

Bernd

To: libawc_at_emory.edu
Cc: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com