[meteorite-list] NWA 2906, NWA 869

From: Jeff Pringle <jlp3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 17 00:09:16 2005

Bob wrote:
"With all due respect.............. that's NWA 869."

See, I would have said that had too much rust staining (aren't those
chondrules a little vague as well?)to be 869...though I don't claim to be an
expert. I have bought a couple unclassified stones (allegedly from Rissani)
that look waaay more 869ish than those photos.
I still think them what claim to know this mysterious meteorite ought to
step up to the plate (out on that limb?) and say what makes 869
distinctively 869.
Greenish tint to crust?
Bluish tint to matrix?
List the clast types?
Describe, in some way, something?
Haven't you noticed that when you get ten people saying " you know it when
you see it", at least two of those people are talking about something else
entirely?

Jeff