[meteorite-list] EX NININGER COLLECTION PALLASITE FOR SALE

From: Martin H. <planetwhy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 9 16:48:19 2005

Hi Dean and all,

The Nininger number on your piece is 487 which just
represents its numeral position in the collection when
Nininger acquired it. The specimens added to the
collection early on were lower numbers, and those
added later were higher numbers.

I have never heard of attaching a value to the actual
number, but I guess you could. However, Nininger was
successful acquiring many rare non-US picece later in
his career so Pohlitz, Germany is number 559, Pantar,
Philippines (of which I wrote about in the latest
issue of Meteorite Magainze) is number 503, and
Brenham, Kansas is number 10.

Good luck with the sale.

Martin