Re: [meteorite-list] Re: Introduction of European dealers N°1 was Michael's meteorite market trends

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 9 13:47:58 2005

> Svend Buhl
> Norbert Classen
> Thomas Dehner
> The Egers
> Olaf Gabel
> Alexander Gehler
> Carsten Giessler&Cornelia Poloczek
> Siggi Haberer
> Dieter Heinlein
> Peter Jaeger
> Peter Kuemmel
> Achim&Moritz Karl, - Sergej Vassiliev:
> Gregor Pacer
> Peter Pittmann
> Stefan Ralew
> Hanno Strufe
>
> and a certain
> Martin Altmann......
>
> At all those you will served at a high standard.
> If I forgot someone - help me to complete the list.

Our dear own Buckleboo-Martin has possibly left out a few others, who may
now complain.. [Oh no, surely not me, I am nothing but a private collector,
and no seller at all, btw!]. Regarding his list of respectable dealers from
Germany, I totally agree with him.

Martin himself is a very humble and nice person, as you?ll see once you get
to know him a little more closely than just by virtue of his meteorite
offers, and he surely does not deserve to be the bottom one on this listing,
where he put himself - well, then again it was ordered alphabetically! :-).
My hat also goes off to some others on this listing, e.g. Stefan Ralew,
Dieter Heinlein and Hanno Strufe, just to name a few outstanding
personalities in the field...

Well, "name-calling" in quite another sense, isn?t it? Why not this way
around, and I would encourage other dealers/collectors from other countries
to do the same, just as Martin suggested in his previous mail. There is no
claim for "the absolute truth" in it, of course, and all and everything will
unavoidably be biased in a way, but then again this is a list of people
having personal opinions plus experiences towards one or the other issue,
and that makes it a living forum.

Hope to see some of you in Ensisheim in a couple of days,
Alex
Berlin/Germansy