[meteorite-list] AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 5 18:53:44 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:39:18 +0200, "Meteoryt.net" <marcin_at_meteoryt.net> wrote:

>Thats why I love my water cooled PC :)

Water cooling is SO 2004. :-) The new cutting edge in CPU/GPU cooling is liquid metal:

http://www.nanocoolers.com/technology_liquid.php

I've never tried water or liquid metal cooling myself because I have nightmares about a broken seal
and a fried mobo, and I haven't tried much in the way of overclocking in the past 2 or 3 CPUs. And
it looks like AMD has done a good job of keeping heat production under control in their latest
dual-core Athlon 64s (which will be my next CPU when the prices come down) that I'll probably still
be able to go with only a heatsink/cooling fan combo (of course, I do have nine fans in my case) :-)

>And one more thing. Its not matter if "second" Steve Arnold will be selling
>his CD for 10, 20 or 30$. I think every interesting video about meteorites
>is worth to buy. And hey, how much he spend to record this video ? I think
>some thousands of $$$. I never was in Oman and I dont know if I get a chance
>to fly there, so Im verry excited to see this video and thank to "the
>different" Steve Arnold that he want share this video with us. He is first
>who do this, and I hope not last.

And let me reinterate-- what I said was that I thought the price was too high BEFORE I knew that he
was going to the extra expense of putting it in a keep case, printing a label for the disc, and
printing an insert for the case. Which would run the production cost up several times what would be
if it were just a DVD in a sleeve or slim line case. And what I suggested to him WHEN HE COMLAINED
THAT HIS PRODUCTION COST WAS BECOMING TOO HIGH was that the people buying the DVD were probably
interested in the contents of the DVD, not in the quality/quantity of his packaging, and that he
could produce his discs for a much lower cost if he didn't use all of the extra packaging material.