[meteorite-list] AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 5 01:31:25 2005

Darren, Steve, List

    DON'T use a sharpie!! The solvents in conventional markers will damage the disc initially and progressively. There are special DVD markers formulated
to be safe, that are available. Like, BestBuy has'em.
    DVD production costs are paradoxical. Unlike printing, where the cost per copy goes down as the number of copies increase, the opposite is true of
DVD's. Short-run production is vastly cheaper than professional long-run production.
    In any production run of less than 1000-1500 DVD's it is much cheaper to use PC's with burners and pay somebody to feed them discs at minimum wage than
to use professional production machinery even if you owned the machinery and could do it at cost.
    In New York, there are 100's of little shops stuffed into basements, apartments, storage warehouses even, pumping out DVD's on orders of 100 to 1000
copies at prices that no production company could ever match. It's a strange and counterintuitive phenomenon.

Sterling