[meteorite-list] Tired of this string

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 2 21:27:02 2005

>For some reason you will say and do anything to create trouble for us.
>Your
>self proclaimed pairings caused problems with us and the Aronsons in
>Tucson.
>You claimed a Ureilite in the Aronson's possession was the same as material
>we already had in order to try and screw up a deal. The Aronsons were
>smart
>enough not to buy into it. Luckily so, because it turned out to be
>completely different. I have to ask myself why somebody would try to
>interfere in a deal that had nothing to do with them? What kind of person
>goes around badmouthing somebody they do not know?

Adam,
I have no idea what you are talking about. I looked at some of Adam's rocks,
he ASKED me my opinion of them, the texture of the stone he had somewhat
resembled the stone I had just bought in tucson that resembled your
pallasite like ureilite - and i said as much. Thats it. How should i know
what kind of deals you may or may not have had in the works for the stone?
If I wanted the rock I would have bought it, but it was too small for my
tastes. I thought it might have been special so I said as much, as it
apeared that this 'pallasite like ureilite' material was comming out of the
desert at the time. Whats wrong with that? would you have rathered I kept my
mouth shut and not answered his question honesty so that you could have
purchased a potentially rare stone cheaper than you otherwise might have? I
was aparently wrong in my assumption, but then again I did not say that my
opinion was based upon hard evidence either.

>Even though four respected List members and two scientists reported a
>difference in the so-called collection-in-a-slice, you still tried to cause
>problems. Why should I apologize to somebody trying to create a problem
>where none exists? By the way, your badmouthing in Tucson brought out a
>lot
>of choice comments from other dealers. Badmouthing people you don't know
>will cause more grief than you will ever realize. Try taking these matters
>up in private if you have a beef with me.

I wasnt trying to cause problems, i was simply posting a picture bragging
about the great end cut I bought from dean bessy when he compared what he
called 869 to your 904. Hell, i even braged about the piece of 904 I got
from you - i DO like it. you are the one who told me I was a liar and the
material I photographed wasnt 'collection in a slice' from you - you even
told me that I would hear from your lawyers before I posted my hupe
collection lable and offered to copy and paste the transaction details from
my emails. go look through the archive to refresh your obviously sellective
memory.

You should appologize to me for saying that i misrepresented a meteorite i
bought from the hupe collection, when in fact i did not, as thats what men
do when they make mistakes.

As far as grief is concerned, I have negotiated deals for aproximatly 30 kgs
of achonderites since Tucson at very favorable rates - aparently other
dealers care little for my opinion of you.

I certainly hope this is the last time i feel the compelling need to bring
this subject up in public again. I advise you to drop these petty attacks, i
can not see them helping your image any on this forum.

Stan