[meteorite-list] New planets, new possible meteorite sources?

From: Francis Graham <francisgraham_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 31 12:40:22 2005

Dear List,
  Let me wonder out loud. Or out e-loud.
  What would characterize a meteorite from a Kuiper
Belt asteroid/planet? I know ices constitute their
mantle composition, but their cores are presumably
rocky...and this could be a meteorite source IF the
impacts are energetic enough. If so, would it be some
sort of olivine or spinel with some interstitial
hydrated minerals??
  It would be kinda nice to have a meteorite from
Pluto, or some former world like it, being that the
intervening four planets are impossible. I also
realize that a Kuiper Belt Object meteorite would be
highly improbable. But it would seem, not impossible.
  What would such a meteorite look like?
Anyone care to wonder out e-loud with me on this?

Speculating,
Francis Graham