[meteorite-list] meteor-wrong (most likely)

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 17 19:27:21 2005

> Cheap is a relative term. It is a lot cheaper now versus when it was first
sold as a new pallasite find. But since it is "cool" looking material that
appears to be similar to a pallasite, it is still not $0.10/g or
less....like cheap chondrites and irons. Pricing is still in the $1 to $3
per gram range. See the site below for pieces at $1.50/g.
> http://www.polandmet.com/

Thanks
Someone can laugh that pallasite-wrong cost few times more than Brahin
pallasite(ebay curiosity), but there is just areound 3 importand reassons
for this in my opinion:
First
Shirokovsky is verry stable. I personally in around 800g of slices find only
one with rust. This looked like accident in preparing this single slice.
Second,
Half of market success of Shirokovsky is this how this mineral was prepared.
Give us 1mm thin brahin slices with 90% transparent olivines, and I (and not
only me) pay more than for Shirokovsky.
Third
Its just cool looking thing, and we collecting cool things, so its
"must-have" specimen in our collections not mater if this is meteorite or
not.

Good night all

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com