[meteorite-list] talking about fireballs

From: Dawn & Gerald Flaherty <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 9 13:46:43 2005

List,
Before I became a List member and learned something about meteorites,
meteors held a fascionation and August evenings would always find me on a
lawn chair enjoying the Perseids. One moring several years ago after a
particularly nice show, my wife, Dawn and I were talking after awakenig,
idliy gazing through the skylight above our bed.
The dawn had broken, and whispy cirrus clouds drifted across the sky.
Suddenly an unmistakable white streak pierced the air leaving a faint smoke
trail in its wake
"Did you see that?!", I exclaimed
The next instant seemed interminable as my pessimism awaited a negative
response.
I nearly jumped out of bed when she said, "Yes!"
I'll always remember that daytime display as a highlight although two
fireballs in the night sky stand out as rivals.
Thanks.
Jerry Flaherty