[meteorite-list] Help, your opinion needed

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 9 08:05:33 2005

Hi Jim,

While you watched this fall I am assuming it was still luminous while it
fell. Did you hear any sound from the fall? Was this a night or day
fall? As far as the pieces you picked up, are the pieces what fell off
the object or could they be from something not related to the fall?
Often times this is the case. If in question a test for nickel could be
made (if you think they are a meteorite).

jwb7772_at_netzero.net wrote:

   In 1957 I witnessed a fireball come down from the very start(I was
looking in the right
   place) to it's finish. In fact it came so close I thaught it might
hit me, but it slightly
   arked up and flew over head at about 50 feet between me and a
telephone poll, droping multi
   colored teardrops behind it. It skimed the tree tops two blocks away
and landed.

   Well today I cut it open to find bright metal, looks like nickel, and
a few white clats
   (moon type?) So maybe it could me a meteorite

   Thanks Jim