[meteorite-list] Help Hunting the Winslow Crater

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 5 23:59:23 2005

Bob,

financial dangers of hunting anywhere near Meteor Crater, and another flurry
about 03-05-05 and many earlier threads on this exact topic (which seems to be
asked and answered repeatedly at short intervals).
    Check the Archives for many nice complex discussions of IF and WHERE and
WHETHER and what the FINES are and how the Barringers really feel about THEIR
OWN PRIVATE AND PERSONAL family crater.
    DON'T drive up the Crater and walk in with your metal detector and a big
wheelbarrow and announce, "I'm here to HUNT!" Bad strategy.
    That's my tip. Unless, of course, you're a former CIA black operator with
extraction expertise.

Sterling K. Webb