[meteorite-list] Deep Impact from Earth

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 5 03:19:40 2005

Due to irritating cloud cover, Maui's amateur astronomers didn't see
anything, at least not that I knew about. A horde of people were at Maui
Community College (500+, I estimate), 10,000 watching big screens on Waikiki
Beach, and another herd in Kamuela, where Keck is based, watching the NASA
feed and live broadcast from our telescopes on Haleakala and the Big Island.
  There was a rafter-shaking cheer when it was confirmed that Deep Impact
hit its target.

Tracy Latimer