[meteorite-list] STILL not clear - Park Forest Meteorite, Winslow St. House

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 11:37:42 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:00:42 -0700, martinh_at_isu.edu wrote:

>Hi Martin,
>
>Back when the Park Forest event happened, I wondered how it would play out in the future. I wrote in my Accretion Desk column in the Meteorite Times about my thoughts on the Garza stone and how Park Forest specimens might be thought of by collectors in the near and distant future.
>
>So, again for your reading enjoyment this morning (and if you ever wondered where the phrase 'What is the price per gram of an act of God?' came from), here's the link:
>
>http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2003/June/Accretion_Desk.htm

I remember that, in the days after hearing about the Park Forest fall, I would check Ebay just to
see if someone had put up for auction pieces that could be bought cheaply. I was a bit naive about
it then. Park Forest IMHO, is one of the most overpriced meteorites I've ran across in my short
time collecting.