[meteorite-list] Auction Update (AD)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 21:31:38 2005

Hi All,
        Just a reminder - besides the catalog being done, I want
you all to know the bidding will NOT be in chronological order.
        The first 65 pieces are almost all NWA, so, I will be alternating
from 10 or 20 chronologically, to 10 or 20 historic pieces. So, if
your interest is in, say, # 123, that does NOT mean it will be the 123rd
item offered, so you cannot safely come an hour late and necessarily
still have the item available. It could be offered in the first 1/2 hr.
This is to avoid anyone getting bored, as perhaps as many as 30 to 50%
of the bidders are not interested in NWA material - or at least have a
very heavy bias toward historic falls and finds. This will give us a mix
of many very rare types from NWA mixed in with some very desirable
and rare historic pieces. No one will find this boring.
        Some people have already gone to the show, so, it will be
interesting to hear from them, as some will be posting to the list
via lap tops with ethernet cards. I will TRY to do that, but this is
the first year I will have a laptop with me.
        Looking foreword to seeing most of you there - others are still
welcome to send in absentee bids - I have about 30 already, but with
so many No Reserve pieces, (as well as many, many pieces with very
low reserves) I am surprised I don't have a good many more.
        I will be leaving Monday, so, absentee bids will be accepted up to
midnight Sunday, Jan. 30th.
        Best wishes, Michael
See catalog here:
http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/AuctionOLCat.html

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen